Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App for locking android phone to one screen

Options
  • 21-03-2020 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I'm looking for an app to lock my phone to one screen so I can hand over my phone for audiobooks/podcasts.

My last phone (iPhone) had Guided Access, app was locked to whatever screen was visible and parts of the screen could be disabled. Android phone now and screen pinning only freezes the phone to one app, not one screen so there's plenty of playing going on, understandably.

Anyone got any good apps?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

One never found anything that does it reliably. All that I've tried switch or if the app within a minute of giving to kids, it always in a way that I can replicate.

I think the only real solution is to play through Bluetooth speaker and only let the green get have on the speaker itself rather than the phone.
    But if they're an bring like my kids that won't satisfy them at all

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

On my android phone, I can add a user, and then add what apps etc I wanna give acces to the person/child.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cazg

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    One never found anything that does it reliably. All that I've tried switch or if the app within a minute of giving to kids, it always in a way that I can replicate.

I think the only real solution is to play through Bluetooth speaker and only let the green get have on the speaker itself rather than the phone.
    But if they're an bring like my kids that won't satisfy them at all

Yes, the bit where it switches off after a minute is frustrating, and they kinda need the excitement of holding the phone to hold their attention. I've been using No Touch app the last few days, but i need to look into lengthening the time till its goes back to lockscreen. Basically, still have a bit of work to be familiar with the settings on the phone!
    Thanks for your help

MorganIRL wrote: »
    On my android phone, I can add a user, and then add what apps etc I wanna give acces to the person/child.

Ok, thanks for that. I didn't know it was even a possibility. Will look into it

could start to play the podcast in background and screen pin a different app with only one screen e.g. like a simple note app or something with only one screen

so the sound will be playing but they can't do anything in that app because they are locked in a different simple app

https://gizmodo.com/how-to-restrict-someone-to-one-app-only-on-android-1694960894

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    could start to play the podcast in background and screen pin a different app with only one screen e.g. like a simple note app or something with only one screen

so the sound will be playing but they can't do anything in that app because they are locked in a different simple app

https://gizmodo.com/how-to-restrict-someone-to-one-app-only-on-android-1694960894

A great idea! Thanks

Advertisement