Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stihl 180

Options
  • 20-03-2020 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi,looking for recommendations for a good stihl chainsaw service repair in Meath,im based in Dunshaughlin.Saw seems to bog down under load,smoking a bit from what appears to be the guide bar,bar looks straight and tension is good.I use Aspen all the time so just need a good service guy to give it a good once over service and sharpening.Was thinking Fairyhouse motors,Oliver Gough.Their both Husky dealers but assume they would still service a stihl?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

Either would be good. Think goughs used to be stihl dealers in thd past

Is the chain sharp and is it oiling itself?

bazbrady wrote: »
    Hi,looking for recommendations for a good stihl chainsaw service repair in Meath,im based in Dunshaughlin.Saw seems to bog down under load,smoking a bit from what appears to be the guide bar,bar looks straight and tension is good.I use Aspen all the time so just need a good service guy to give it a good once over service and sharpening.Was thinking Fairyhouse motors,Oliver Gough.Their both Husky dealers but assume they would still service a stihl?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

bazbrady wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

duffysfarm wrote: »

Chain was ok at start of cutting not razor but ok.Checked the oil seems to be spraying out alright,it was the burning smell that had me concerned,either theres a slight bend in the bar that i cant see or the chain is too tight or rubbing but i checked the tensioner ,seems ok.Best to have it looked at ,ill pop in and ring both tomorrow see who can look at it first,cheers...Might get meself one those Stihl 2in 1 files,seem to get good reviews online,takes the guess work out for amatuers for sharpining,thanks

Advertisement