Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Investing excess funds

• 16-03-2020 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40 circlek

Hi,

Was due to purchase an apartment with cash which didn't work out so thinking of investing around €50,000 in the next few weeks when markets are low.

Caveat: I'm new to investing and never thought or looked up investing before.

Have been reading this forum and other investment/financial portals and have decided to invest.
    I've just opened a DeGiro account and Plus500 too (I'll have a rethink about Plus500 over the next three months due to the inactivity charges).

So I needs some tips, pointers, etc. from the investment incumbents on boards!
    I'll eventually be making my own decisions but need all the help/tips possible. Prefer to learn from others mistakes too.

So whats the easiest way to start? What shares or ETFs should I consider?
    Is DeGiro/P500 the best option or any other to consider?

The €50,000 I plan to invest isn't a life changing amount that I'll need quickly so I can take risks.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭ krissovo

Practice with fake money until you get the trades right, use something think or swim virtual money trading before any real trades.

Also have a clear strategy, which markets, day trading or just picking some mid term bets for the recovery

Advertisement