Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Trying to figure out incentive for full BEV

  • 16-03-2020 9:03am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ irelandjnr


    On Peugeot website for e208 they say:

    A VRT rebate of up to €5,000.
    SEAI Grant of up to €5,000.

    I'm trying to figure out what this all means. I was understood that people buying an BEV in Ireland would get up to €5,000 off, but now they can get close to €10,000 off? It would seem to me if this were true why wouldn't every Irish car mag on YouTube might be mentioning this, no? Also, what does "open market selling price" mean on the revenue website? How does all of this work. It's all unnecessarily confusing.

    9BXdOyk.png


Comments

  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 31,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mickeroo


    The prices the cars are advertised at already has the 10k taken off so it's not something you need to overthink.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭ krissovo


    irelandjnr wrote: »
    ? Also, what does "open market selling price" mean on the revenue website? How does all of this work. It's all unnecessarily confusing.

    Open market selling price is exactly what is says on the tin, what does it sell for on the open market or done deal etc. Those calculations you included are for if you import a car from say UK. Many of us have imported EV's from there and didn't have to pay a cent in VRT.


  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ irelandjnr


    krissovo wrote: »
    Those calculations you included are for if you import a car from say UK. Many of us have imported EV's from there and didn't have to pay a cent in VRT.

    Never knew this! Wow. Very cool. Is this true for any new or used EV?


  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ irelandjnr


    Would any of you happen to know what an e208 costs to drive off the showroom floor?


  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 31,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mickeroo


    irelandjnr wrote: »
    Would any of you happen to know what an e208 costs to drive off the showroom floor?

    I think the cheapest option is about €27k or thereabouts (after grant/vrt rebate).

    Some good reading in this thread if you're looking for more info: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057959363


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ SachaJ


    Assume you'd still pay VAT though if it's under 6 months old and less than 6000km if importing?


  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ irelandjnr


    SachaJ wrote: »
    Assume you'd still pay VAT though if it's under 6 months old and less than 6000km if importing?

    And older then 6 months old and less then 6000 or more than 6000? Still pay VAT?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ SachaJ


    You pay VAT on a UK import if
    Less than 6 months old
    OR Less than 6000km

    If it's 2 years old and 5,999KM, you pay VAT.
    If it's 5 months old and 40,000km, you pay VAT.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭ KCross


    irelandjnr wrote: »
    Would any of you happen to know what an e208 costs to drive off the showroom floor?

    The RRP prices for the 4 trim levels are here
    https://media.peugeot.ie/file/21/6/peugeot-passenger-cars-retail-price-list.pdf

    €28k-€33k is roughly the price range for the e208.


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 31,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Gumbo


    irelandjnr wrote: »
    Never knew this! Wow. Very cool. Is this true for any new or used EV?

    No.
    New cars incur VAT.
    Read the restrictions on mileage and time.

    Same VRT rules as a petrol and diesel car.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ SachaJ


    irelandjnr wrote: »
    Never knew this! Wow. Very cool. Is this true for any new or used EV?

    For used as long as the VRT price doesn't exceed the €5000 Government EV VRT rebate. If the VRT on the import is calculated at €6500, then you pay €1500. (€6500 - €5000).

    I think rebate on a PHEV is €2500.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭ Dayana Spicy Catfish


    Mickeroo wrote: »
    The prices the cars are advertised at already has the 10k taken off so it's not something you need to overthink.

    Unless it’s a BMW


Advertisement