Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Summit

Options
  • 15-03-2020 2:19pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Using a Garmin 520 plus on a road bike, is it worth my while upgrading my free Strava account to a Summit account?
    Do you actually look at the extra analytics or features?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i don't, but i decided to pay for it anyway cos i figured that i think the equivalent of 5 quid a month was fair for something i got a lot of use from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Depends what you want it for, for training across a few sports its pointless as it only allows you set heart rate zones once, which it then uses to analyse across all sports! My run and cycling HRs are very different so it was useless for me. Ill not be subscribing again and instead use Training Peaks. If you are only sport only then its ok, I find its more of a social platform than an actual training platform and the basic free account has enough social elements to it that i, not bothered by Summit now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I scrapped my subscription when they claimed my data was their's, regarding "Relive". About the only thing I regularly used was the download of interesting routes.

Advertisement