Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky News suddenly not working on Freesat

Options
  • 15-03-2020 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I have Freesat with a Humax hdr 1100 box. It was installed last July. Genreally it has worked well although a few minor channels never worked because a message said there was insufficient signal.

However, I got Sky News successfully until last week. Mid program it stopped and I got the' insufficient signal' message. It is still on my list of channels but does not work.

Anyone any ideas about what I could do - or is this a problem other people in Dublin are having.

A friend who lives in Co Wicklow has the same set up but is getting Sky News successfully.

Many thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Have you tried rescanning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

Katzi wrote: »
    I have Freesat with a Humax hdr 1100 box. It was installed last July. Genreally it has worked well although a few minor channels never worked because a message said there was insufficient signal.

However, I got Sky News successfully until last week. Mid program it stopped and I got the' insufficient signal' message. It is still on my list of channels but does not work.

Anyone any ideas about what I could do - or is this a problem other people in Dublin are having.

A friend who lives in Co Wicklow has the same set up but is getting Sky News successfully.

Many thanks,

Sky News IRL and Sky News UK both are available FTA. Maybe your friend and yourself are receiving different feeds? One of them changed frequency a few weeks back alright. If it’s the UK feed you’re using the HUMAX should have picked up the change automatically, but if for some reason your receiving the IRL feed, it likely wouldn’t have picked up on that, as I believe that would usually only be available through manual scanning

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Katzi

Thx for that. If I rescan (or restore factory settings) will I lose all the stuff I have already recorded?

I have no idea how to do a manual scan, but will look into that once I know I will not lose my recordings.

Thx for that. If I rescan (or restore factory settings) will I lose all the stuff I have already recorded?

I have no idea how to do a manual scan, but will look into that once I know I will not lose my recordings.

No, a rescan won’t wipe anything, it’ll just update your channel listings. Don’t do a factory reset, that’ll likely wipe everything!

Just double checked what I said earlier, and it seems the SKY uk change was only in the last few days, which ties in to what you’ve seen

See attached a pic showing it’s in the same place as pick tv, (freq 12070 H). If you can’t get pick tv either, which is also FTA, it could indicate a signal issue with your setup

I have no Pick TV either. I cannot find how to do a re-scan. I have read the manual online, I have gone into all the Settings features and am style mystified.

(I am an intelligent person, but have minimal techi experience!!) Any help with how to do a re-scan would be most useful.

PS My signal overall is good. I found something online that said that Sky News Ireland was on 28.2 degrees E, 12207 V. I have no idea what this refers to. It seems to be a frequency. But no idea how I could manually set it if I had to!!

Damsel in distress!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Thank you dxhound2005 but Sky News IS a Freesat channel which has changed frequency. It is interesting to see how to set up non-Freesat channels but I don't want the bother of all that switching between Freesat and non-Freesat.

Instead, I would like to try to do a re-scan in the hope that that will adjust the frequency of Sky News and bring it back into my Freesat channels. Hope this makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

On my older box, it's Menu button, scroll down to Setup, select Freesat Tune, select Search, job done.

I have a new box. There is no Setup AT ALL under the Menu button. I have searched and searched under all the other topics, but can find nothing that relates to setting up or scanning.

Really frustrating.

I have a new box. There is no Setup AT ALL under the Menu button. I have searched and searched under all the other topics, but can find nothing that relates to setting up or scanning.

Really frustrating.

What’s the model number of the box?

• Advertisement

Model Number is Humax HDR-1100S

In the last few minutes I managed to do a complete re-scanning in of all the channels. Sky News still showing up as Channel 202 but no signal.

Advertisement