Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair - Flight Change luggage

Options
  • 14-03-2020 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Anyone know if you change flight dates with Ryanair, do you need to pay for luggage and seats again or will they transfer over from the original flight purchase?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Your entire booking moves

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dodgystats

There is a fee - looks like 15 euro per checked in bag per flight when I go to change flights.

Seats transfer isn't charged.

I understand a change fee but a fee for the bags seems excessive.

Attached images of charges screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Timfy

I transferred two flights into Luton to later on this year... I did lose my seats and had to pay again :-(

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

dodgystats wrote: »
    There is a fee - looks like 15 euro per checked in bag per flight when I go to change flights.

Seats transfer isn't charged.

I understand a change fee but a fee for the bags seems excessive.

Attached images of charges screen.

Now.. that’s just downright gouging! Shame on you Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I am due to fly to Lanzarote on Friday morning.

Despite what is happening and the fact that Lanzarote is on, essentially, a shut-down, my flight remains on schedule. In fact, any of you wishing to join me can book at seat for only €65 as of 5 minutes ago!

I'm not sure why, other than to have to issue refunds, Ryanair haven't cancelled all flights to Spain. The mind boggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

PGE1970 wrote: »
    I am due to fly to Lanzarote on Friday morning.

Despite what is happening and the fact that Lanzarote is on, essentially, a shut-down, my flight remains on schedule. In fact, any of you wishing to join me can book at seat for only €65 as of 5 minutes ago!

I'm not sure why, other than to have to issue refunds, Ryanair haven't cancelled all flights to Spain. The mind boggles.

I'd say they've a lot of other stuff on

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dodgystats

They have removed the flight change fee but still charge the luggage fee!(attached image)

Assuming they ground their fleet like they mention, it would mean all their flights cancelled and would be eligible for a refund?

In their latest update - the way they state the text using the word "Options" and multiple bullet points, it looks like many options but its only 1 option of flight change with some details on that... misleading

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/disruptions-and-refunds/coronavirus-covid-19/flight-change-fee-removed

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I got that email too. It's a joke! They say they expect to ground their whole fleet, then they make out that the only option is change the flights. Eh no, I think I'll wait for your fleet to be grounded, my flight to be cancelled and for you to issue a refund for the cancelled flight.

I'm definitely not changing my flight anyway. If nothing else, I'm covered by my travel insurance.

When they first announced that they'd be waiving the change fee, I thought it was surprisingly decent of them. But it's only because they know they'll have to issue refunds otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭embraer170

woodchuck wrote: »
    I got that email too. It's a joke! They say they expect to ground their whole fleet, then they make out that the only option is change the flights. Eh no, I think I'll wait for your fleet to be grounded, my flight to be cancelled and for you to issue a refund for the cancelled flight.

I'm definitely not changing my flight anyway. If nothing else, I'm covered by my travel insurance.

When they first announced that they'd be waiving the change fee, I thought it was surprisingly decent of them. But it's only because they know they'll have to issue refunds otherwise.

If you take a look you will see that the price difference is often higher than the price of a new ticket on the same flight. Yes, it is cheaper to book a new ticket than change your flight (without a change fee). Rip off Ryanair...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭John.G

embraer170 wrote: »
    If you take a look you will see that the price difference is often higher than the price of a new ticket on the same flight. Yes, it is cheaper to book a new ticket than change your flight (without a change fee). Rip off Ryanair...

Pure genius!! wish I was in accountancy, RAir will definitely survive.
    If I had booked a flight today cork Tenerife return it would have cost me €337.96.
    I originally booked it (for April) for €417.20 which means it is €79.24 cheaper now. I changed flights immediately after seeing this and according to RAir the flight would have cost €487.96 (today) using their wonderful calculations so I ended up paying the difference (487.96-417.20) or €70.96, actually €150.96 more than what I paid originally.

• Advertisement
Advertisement