Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which bank is the best?

Options
  • 14-03-2020 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

I am a KBC bank user. However, I notice that most people around me use either AIB or BOI.

I was wondering what is the difference. I also don't know about about the transaction fees between them. Does AIB/BOI provide more benefits?

Should I switch banks?

Thanks. Any advice would aid me wonders.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭KaneToad

jimj292 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am a KBC bank user. However, I notice that most people around me use either AIB or BOI.

I was wondering what is the difference. I also don't know about about the transaction fees between them. Does AIB/BOI provide more benefits?

Should I switch banks?

It depends on what you want from a bank. There is no 'best'. I'd recommend looking at this forum for some further information:

http://www.askaboutmoney.com

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

Banks, beats, battlestar Galactica

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

jimj292 wrote: »
    Hi,

Should I switch banks?

Everyone around you has the same bank account that was opened for them in junior infants when they were given a bank branded moneybox.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Q&A

The best bank is the bank that provides you with the services you require for the cheapest price.

KBC are deficient in some areas, their online banking could be improved. I believe some accounts such as mortgage accounts can't be viewed online. Branches don't seem to like cash (but they are not alone, a lot of banks are going that way).

On the other side they offer one of the easiest ways to avoid paying current account free, have good deposit rates for some accounts and low (for Ireland) mortgage rates.

How important these and other strengths and weaknesses are will help determine how appropriate they are for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Q&A wrote: »
    The best bank is the bank that provides you with the services you require for the cheapest price.

KBC are deficient in some areas, their online banking could be improved. I believe some accounts such as mortgage accounts can't be viewed online. Branches don't seem to like cash (but they are not alone, a lot of banks are going that way).

On the other side they offer one of the easiest ways to avoid paying current account free, have good deposit rates for some accounts and low (for Ireland) mortgage rates.

How important these and other strengths and weaknesses are will help determine how appropriate they are for you.

As Q&A says, there's no one best bank for everything. There's nothing stopping you having a different bank for each financial product, or even, for example, having two current accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

EBS is free and has branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

I have both AIB and KBC. AIB would be far, far superior in terms of functionality (app & online banking). As I have free banking with both, I can't comment on fees.

Advertisement