Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Trampoline??

Options
  • 13-03-2020 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice. Our number 1 choice would be the BERG 12ft tramp. However, the bergs are pretty expensive and coming in at around €600 for the cheapest one! I’m just wondering if the cheaper ones are just as handy?

I’m looking at smyths, Argos and Homebase. They’re coming in a lot cheaper. Can pick up a good size one for between €150-250.

If anybody has bought from any of the above would really appreciate advice or recommendations and if they lasted and we’re good quality and safe etc. Thank you!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I’ve bought from smyths and Argos (storm took the smyths one because it was badly secured). I think the smyths ones have since changed, but my husband felt the smyths ones at the time (they were green) was sturdier than they Argos one.
    The Argos one Actually also blew over, we put it up in August, and were actually inside that day discussing how best to secure it, when a gust of wind took it - those feckin safety nets are like sails!!!
    Anyhow, I had to get one replacement pole for the safety net, and my best advice would be to check before you buy what the availability of spare parts Is. I tracked down spare parts for the Argos ones in the UK, but it wasn’t easy! When smyths used sell the green ones, they also sold spare parts, but when they started selling the newer ones (something power), there was no spares. Maybe that has changed since!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Cool thanks very much. Yes I usually find smyths and Homebase products better quality than Argos (when it comes to furniture and a couple other bits that don’t have a main brand) so maybe that’s the same with the tramps! Thanks for the advice.

Any other recommendations much appreciated. And whether we are better off just getting the berg... even tho I prefer the price of the cheaper ones....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I have to say the Argos one seems fine to me. I don’t think I’d spend any more on a trampoline, but that’s probably because I’m obviously not the best at securing them, lol!

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

I have no experience with the Berg trampolines but we have a Smyths 10ft in the backyard for the last I think 5 years.

It has survived many high winds but I always zipp tie it to something that's concreted in.

I did have to get one or two spare parts for it and had no problem with getting them at the time.

How old is your child?

I found out that my 9 year old doesn't want to go on the 10 ft trampoline anymore as it's too small for him (he does backflips and fronflips on it so he needs space).

I'm looking at the 12 ft ones now.

• Advertisement

I have no experience with the Berg trampolines but we have a Smyths 10ft in the backyard for the last I think 5 years.

It has survived many high winds but I always zipp tie it to something that's concreted in.

I did have to get one or two spare parts for it and had no problem with getting them at the time.

How old is your child?

I found out that my 9 year old doesn't want to go on the 10 ft trampoline anymore as it's too small for him (he does backflips and fronflips on it so he needs space).

I'm looking at the 12 ft ones now.

Hi thanks for reply! My oldest is 8. That’s good to know then I really need to be looking at a 12ft. Do you think you’ll opt for the smyths one again then?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I got this one last year.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8892203/Trail/searchtext%3ETrampoline.htm

Seems fine. I took down the nets in September / October. I secured it to the ground with some weights we had in the garden and it hasn't moved all winter. I'll put the nets back up towards the end of next month I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    Hi thanks for reply! My oldest is 8. That’s good to know then I really need to be looking at a 12ft. Do you think you’ll opt for the smyths one again then?

At the moment I'm considering this one:

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/outdoor/trampolines-and-accessories/trampolines/jump-power-12-x-8ft-rectangular-trampoline-and-enclosure/p/182698

I think it will last another 5 to 7 years like the last one and if they want to continue jumping after this one I will more than likely get one of the Berg's.

the one we have has held up resonably well considering it's been outdoors in any weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

You're probably sorted now op anyway, we've a challenge trampoline here. 13foot. was €400 some years back. seems decent quailty.

as most no doubt know, take down the netting and mat in the late autumn for abit of longevity with it.

sausage type sand filled bags i find are great for keeping the trampoline weighted down for anyone having trouble with the wind.local agri stores/hardware may have them.

Advertisement