Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game for a Bored 8 year old kid on an old MacBook Pro

• 13-03-2020 3:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭

Hi gamers.

We're on lockdown here with no school. I'm doing my best with an active 8 year old boy, but there's a good bit of down time (new born baby in the house too, and I'm working from home) so I need a bit of guidance.

We don't have game consoles, but I have an 8 year old MacBook Pro, the rest of the Macs are for work.

He's 8 and loves watching YouTube videos of BeamNG and wants to play it. Can I download the game for the old Mac? If so, can someone send me a proper link (for Mac) and advice if it's suitable? Haven't a clue here, so any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

BeamNG doesn't work natively on Mac. You could probably download a bunch of dodgy programs to get it working but it would probably run terrible anyway.

Here's a link for driving games on Mac https://store.steampowered.com/search/?tags=1644&os=mac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

ShaneU wrote: »
    BeamNG doesn't work natively on Mac. You could probably download a bunch of dodgy programs to get it working but it would probably run terrible anyway.

Ah... that explains a lot!
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Here's a link for driving games on Mac https://store.steampowered.com/search/?tags=1644&os=mac

Thanks so much Shane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

Just make sure to check system requirements. A Macbook Pro from 2012 would be very limited in what it can play, most of the games in that link wouldn't run very well even at lowest settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fouro

Also worth checking out GeForce Now which is Nvidia cloud gaming offering. Its free for first couple of months so worth a look. Games need to be downloaded to the user machine before use. There is a post on this thread to learn more. Handy for anyone with low spec machines and good internet connections.

Advertisement