Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Lingus rescheduled flight

Options
  • 12-03-2020 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭

I’m was due to fly Cork - Birmingham, UK on 28th April - leaving Cork at approx 6.30am and flying back same day at 9pm.

Just got an email from Aer Lingus today to say my flight has been rescheduled to fly from Cork at 3pm and back at 9pm - I am going for work to a meeting that starts at 9.00am and finishes at 2pm - this new time does not suit me.

The only option I’m getting to cancel this flight is via 1890800600 and I have been on hold for in excess of 3 hours (hanging up every 50 mins or so to do some actual work). Is there a online chat service or an email I can send as clearly their customer service, regardless of the recent problems, is cat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

You may be living under a rock, but people in the real world are dealing with this little minor issue called Covid-19

This little issue that you seem to be totally unaware of under your rock has caused massive air transport chaos for tens of thousands of people flying with aer lingus.

As your flight is many weeks away - if your call was triaged, you'd be the very very last person they'd deal with as virtually everyone else's issue is more pertinent.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭sheriff2

Grand, you have a month to tell them you cannot make the meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I've rang their helpline - they don't know my trip is a month away - I haven't spoke to a human yet - I wouldn't like my chances if it was tomorrow. My call wasn't triaged silver2020 and you needn't be so rude with your "under a rock" comment - I'm phoning the same line as someone who may need to fly tomorrow - they should have given me an email instead of blocking their phone line but they gave me no other option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Is there a online chat service or an email I can send

Here you go. Send them a message now and so long as they come back to you sometime in the next six weeks, it'll still be before you're due to fly.

https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/upcoming-travel-enquiry/

Advertisement