Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposal of old Stanley range

Options
  • 11-03-2020 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I have an old solid fuel Stanley range that was removed from a house that's being renovated. It was basically moved from the kitchen out into the back yard where it is now sitting, rusting away.
    Anyone have any idea how I would go about disposing of this? Can this be dismantled any way easily?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

Put it up on DoneDeal with a low price. Somebody will take away for you, for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Scrap metal dealer? probably about 20-30 quid worth of scrap in it if you could bring it to a place yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Scrap metal dealer? probably about 20-30 quid worth of scrap in it if you could bring it to a place yourself

That's what I did with an old one I had a few years ago.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Someone would gladly take it away from you and restore it, and they'd probably even give you a few quid for it.

It's most certainly not scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 embers_fire

I had it up for 100 EUR about a month ago when it was in better nick. Dropped it to 50 but no interest.
    Could it be dismantled? Would that be difficult? Would be hard to move in one piece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I had it up for 100 EUR about a month ago when it was in better nick. Dropped it to 50 but no interest.
    Could it be dismantled? Would that be difficult? Would be hard to move in one piece.

Id throw it up for free, it will likely move quick then and no effort or disposal cost for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

ring H and f in cashel co tipp. they restore them. they will buy them off you if its decent and probably take it away if poor.
    worth a call. i have sold them a few in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Inspector Dhar

Any joy with this? I’m in exactly the same position

Advertisement