Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay in receiving Samsung Watch as part of promo

Options
  • 11-03-2020 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Towards the end of January I picked up an S10 which came with a free Galaxy Watch as a promo. This was the deciding factor for me going for the Samsung phone, I was at the end of a contract with Vodafone and could have gone with a Huawei or iPhone that I liked too. The T&Cs for the free watch (https://www.samsung.com/ie/watch-active-offer/) state that you will receive your watch within 45 days, which seems like a long time, but I didn't mind too much. I filled in all forms and got confirmation on 28/01/2020 that the order for watch was confirmed. So we are now 43 days past the date, so all going well I would have the item by the end of the week. I had emailed Samsung last week for an update, they said they can't see delivery dates, but they expected the order to be processed for delivery on Friday 6th. No further updates received, so I emailed again yesterday,and got the following response:
    Unfortunately we are experiencing some delays with this promotion however we are working hard to resolve this.

We cannot give you an exact date for delivery at this stage. We would advise you to keep checking your email for updates from the courier.

It is baffling to me that they can't process an order within 6.5 weeks, and I don't know what sort of rights I currently have. Like I said, the main decision point in going with the Samsung phone over others was this offer, so it's very irritating to not get anything sent.

I did a quick google and it would appear that Samsung are pretty terrible in dispatching under these sorts of offers, anyone else have any experience here or any advice?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,284 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The problem here now is they can very legitimately claim delivery delays from China as stuff is barely getting through at all; so fighting isn't likely to have any impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

I’m heavily involved in logistics in the IT and communications sector ... China has practically been on lock down for months and little or nothing moved for quite a long time. The reality is that on this side of the world logistic planners and distributors are working off data they can’t trust and as such genuinely don’t have a clue when stuff will arrive.

Unfortunately consumers tend not to understand this as they are the last link in the chain .. but when the vast majority of consumer items come from one location a problem there will affect deliveries for months

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ya, but Samsung don't have factories in China, they're in Vietnam and Korea. Also, the watch from offer is an older version, so I assumed it's existing stock and not being manufactured specifically...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,284 ✭✭✭✭L1011

dulpit wrote: »
    Ya, but Samsung don't have factories in China, they're in Vietnam and Korea. Also, the watch from offer is an older version, so I assumed it's existing stock and not being manufactured specifically...

Stock locations, component supply etc etc means that basically all electronics production supply chains are in bits

However - I was suggesting they'll use it as an excuse whether true or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I checked the DHL tracking on my one and it was sent from Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

jhegarty wrote: »
    I checked the DHL tracking on my one and it was sent from Liverpool.

I'm not expecting mine anytime soon with the current state of the world, but out of curiosity, when did you request yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

dulpit wrote: »
    I'm not expecting mine anytime soon with the current state of the world, but out of curiosity, when did you request yours?

Mid January (think it was 18th). Delivered Feb 13th.

Advertisement