Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De-pressurise a Baxi 35/80

Options
  • 10-03-2020 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

## Title correction - Re-pressurise a Baxi 35/80 ##

Hi Folks,

I recently bled some of my radiators, however since then, the boiler makes quite a lot of noise when heating is turned on. It was only then I noticed that the pressure is about 0.3 / 0.4 bar.

I have a Baxi 35/80, but I'm having trouble finding the filling loop.

In the below photo, there are 2 valves which I've marked. The bottom one definitely can be opened/loosened, however the top one is not budging easily.

Is it safe to go ahead and try loosing these a bit? As you can on the wall behind, it is marked 'F', which I'm guessing is for filling but I've no idea.

https://imgur.com/gXdqntF

Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Below the bottom 'red box' you see what looks like a slotted screw, thats the valve,

Across the pipe is closed, in line with the pipe is open.

Make sure the 'hand nuts' in both your red boxes are tight before you open, or you may get wet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 plumbum

DGOBS wrote: »
    Below the bottom 'red box' you see what looks like a slotted screw, thats the valve,

Across the pipe is closed, in line with the pipe is open.

Make sure the 'hand nuts' in both your red boxes are tight before you open, or you may get wet!

Edit - nevermind, I misread your suggestion.

Made sure to tighten the hand-nuts, and opened the valve slightly to get the pressure back up.

Thanks a ton sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 clarker92

Hi All
    My baxi boiler is showing low pressure and most of the rads in the apartment aren't heating or are barely heating, how do I repressurize the boiler, I've attached 2 picture too help explain.
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

Advertisement