Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hubsan ZINO PRO

Options
  • 10-03-2020 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

Looking at getting a drone, been looking at geekbuying, what do you think of this drone in the link below? i don't know nothing about drones so not sure if this is worth the money.

They ship from poland so there would be no taxes to pay, also it seems to be not available at the moment due to i would say chinese factories not producing due to coronavirus but i'm happy to wait until it's available again.

This drone with 3 batteries for around the 400 euro mark,

Worth it or not?

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Hubsan-ZINO-PRO-GPS-FPV-RC-Drone-RTF-Portable-Three-Batteries-Version-421129.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

at 400e (378 to be precise :) ) mark Zino Pro got very good specs, especially 4k camera and pretty good flight time (as advertised 23 minutes) so, I'll say, makes it a good introduction to 'droning'.
    Comparable Mavic Mini costs over 100e more. Apart of that, spare parts (if needed) will cost much less so I'd say 'go for it' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 giggs76

at 400e (378 to be precise :) ) mark Zino Pro got very good specs, especially 4k camera and pretty good flight time (as advertised 23 minutes) so, I'll say, makes it a good introduction to 'droning'.
    Comparable Mavic Mini costs over 100e more. Apart of that, spare parts (if needed) will cost much less so I'd say 'go for it' :)

Thanks a lot think i'll hit the button on this when they become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

giggs76 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot think i'll hit the button on this when they become available.

also, I'd get a couple of higher capacity batteries (4200mAh), they're 35e like so flight time would go to roughly 30 minutes (or even more)

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/4200mAh-47-8Wh-Intelligent-Flight-Battery-For-Hubsan-ZINO-Pro-RC-Drone-422576.html?pmrm=ems-item-similar-emspd

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

After a very heavy landing a few weeks ago I tried to fly this morning and it just hung at a slight angle and kept drifting - it could not hold position on 14 satellities I suspect that one of the motors is dodgy .. what is easiest way of diagnosing this and is there any repairer in the Dublin area or indeed in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

Is there a "proper" connection / startt up procedure checklist.

I get a lot of USB disconnected and I am advise to chege my start up procedure...

So I connect the iphone to the transmitter after starting the Hubsan app

I switch on the transmitter

I switch on the drone

I sometimes get the GPs check and it generally fails.

Now and again I get the compass rotation - not always -

I dont specifically know how set the HOME spot

I wait a few minutes and get the green GPS good to fly and then take off.

I usually get random USB a disconnects that shorten the flight and severely impact on the enjoyment.

Eddie

• Advertisement
Advertisement