Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a mesh system for 500mb connection in attic feeding into 3 datapoints

Options
  • 09-03-2020 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

I'm looking for some advice on a mesh system. I recently had my 3 bedroom house rewired with 3 data points, 1 upstairs and 2 downstairs. I've a 500mb Virgin broadband connection feeding into the terminating data point in the attic.

Can anyone recommend a good system for under €400 that would give me good coverage and speeds throughout the house. I've a Ring door bell and Ring floodlight camera on the external walls at front and rear of the house that I'd like to provide good coverage to.

I was looking at the new Google Nest WiFi system but the second Nest point doesn't have an Ethernet port for ethernet backhaul to plug into my datapoint, and reading reviews it doesn't seem suitable for a 500mb connection.

I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement