Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveway Entrance

Options
  • 09-03-2020 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for ideas - I've a small stone wall at the entrance to my driveway which I want to demolish and widen slightly. We have about 150M of road frontage, which apart from the walls either side of the gate, is just an overgrown bank.

I'm looking for some ideas for replacing the walls and possibly tiding up the road frontage. I'd like a nice stone wall, but don't have a spare 60k+ under the mattress.

I'm also thinking about a new block wall, maybe plastered white.

The bank seems to be a dry stone wall underneath. I was thinking about striping away the old clay and vegetation and restoring the wall if possible. And growing a hedge behind it to give it height.

Has anyone see a modern take on the dry stone wall? Or perhaps blended into a white/rendered set of pillars or wing walls?

Google images has not been my friend in this case!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

You do know you may need planning permission to alter your front boundary wall to a driveway?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

mad m wrote: »
    You do know you may need planning permission to alter your front boundary wall to a driveway?

Yes - I knew this was a possibility. There was some references and standard conditions in our house planning, but I need to dig out the paperwork. I wanted to have a view on what I was going to do before meeting with the planners.

Advertisement