Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

budget for wedding venue decor

Options
  • 09-03-2020 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Hi all im just wondering what are peoples budgets for decorating the wedding venue, id appricate any advice as im all over the place on this one.We would like a rustic wedding so im just wondering what were people budget for table decoration? .Around how many tables are people having and do people think personalised items at the wedding are a good idea ie a custom made cakestand with name and date on it ,personalised ring boxes guest signing logs. any recommened . if anyone has recommendation id love to hear them. Has anyone ever rented item was it a good idea. if anyone has any rustic decor recommendation id love to hear them . thanks in advance all help very much appricated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Hi Op. From my own wedding:
    Table décor - nothing - candleabras/flowers and candles supplied by the hotel
    Personalised - didn't bother. No one is going to see the ring box or see the front of the book. Hotel supplied the cake stand and to be honest this type of stuff will get put in a box in your wardrobe or under your bed after the wedding. Now some people do it and will have them displayed in their house but we knew we wouldn't.
    If you want to make rustic items - collect jars and buy hession and lace and make little flower pots from them. Pinterest is full of ideas.

Sort your venue out and see what they will supply and go from there. Friends of ours had a lovely marquee and hession napkins and wild flowers tied with rope to them - really lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

We made a lot of the extra decor for our wedding, but we enjoy crafting and wanted some specific 'looks' that would have been very difficult with the standard hotel decor. I'm sure a lot of it went unnoticed but we did get some compliments - and the photos look great :p. We've also been able to loan a lot of it to other friends for different kinds of events since then. We gathered piles of glass bottles and spray painted them, which looked super cool, and I made a cake stand out of old vinyl records that looked deadly. My wife collected loads of old lampshades and recovered them in red velvet for the tables. We did order a personalised cake topper from Etsy and we still have it in our sitting room, I love it.

The thing is though, it was fun for us. If it wasn't it would have been a nightmare. Check in with the venue to see what they have by way of decorations. You'd be surprised what you can do with jamjars and ribbon, and little wildflowers. Check Etsy for cute stuff, and go on pinterest to find ideas. If you're not a crafty person though, don't think you have to do all that DIY. It'll wreck your head storing it if nothing else in the run up to the day. Our spare room was just full of boxes of gold glass bottles for weeks!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

We made a lot of the extra decor for our wedding, but we enjoy crafting and wanted some specific 'looks' that would have been very difficult with the standard hotel decor. I'm sure a lot of it went unnoticed but we did get some compliments - and the photos look great :p. We've also been able to loan a lot of it to other friends for different kinds of events since then. We gathered piles of glass bottles and spray painted them, which looked super cool, and I made a cake stand out of old vinyl records that looked deadly. My wife collected loads of old lampshades and recovered them in red velvet for the tables. We did order a personalised cake topper from Etsy and we still have it in our sitting room, I love it.

The t this is though, it was fun for us. If it wasn't it would have been a nightmare. Check in with the venue to see what they have by way of decorations. You'd be surprised what you can do with jamjars and ribbon, and little wildflowers. Check Etsy for cute stuff, and go on pinterest to find ideas. If you're not a crafty person though, don't think you have to do all that DIY. It'll wreck your head storing it if nothing else in the run up to the day. Our spare room was just full of boxes of gold glass bottles for weeks!! :pac::pac::pac:

Some amazing idea there sounds like ye had great fun and great imagination. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

I found lots of cute ideas on Pinterest recently. Hoping to go for a rustic theme ourselves, too :-)

Advertisement