Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding

Options
  • 09-03-2020 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

What do people do at weddings abroad with their children?

We are getting married in the summer and have 2 small kids. All our family will be at the wedding and unable to mind them, has anybody done this before, did they use the hotel babysitters or bring someone with them from home?

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Would the family members not look after the kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

What do people do at weddings abroad with their children?

We are getting married in the summer and have 2 small kids. All our family will be at the wedding and unable to mind them, has anybody done this before, did they use the hotel babysitters or bring someone with them from home?

Any help much appreciated

Would you not have your own kids at your own wedding?

Any weddings I've been to where the couple already had kids, the kids played a roll. Pageboy /flower girls etc.
    The family then collectively looks after the kids, there's usually a cool aunt or uncle that they flock to anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭TrixIrl

IM getting married abroad this year and we have organised a childcare worker from the local creche (over there, on recommendation from wedding coordinator and receipt of garda vetting etc) to mind herself at the wedding from 4pm onwards. Just keeping her entertained, bring to bathroom, make sure she eats something etc. If she gets tired there's a room the childminder can stay with her while she has a nap etc. Childminder will put her to bed (hopefully!) and stay with her until a nominate member of the family goes to bed in same room. No other kids travelling so hard to find a family member to volunteer!

Weve booked the same lady for a couple of nights leading up to the wedding so she can get to know her etc.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

All of our family have kids including us for our wedding so they are all coming to the full thing. I've laid on some entertainment for them and the venue can provide babysitters for the evening. That seems to be a good plan for our lot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

Thanks for replies,

Yes kids will be at the wedding of course! Sorry if that wasn't clear. I'ts just the evening really. Everybody at the wedding will of been drinking and i can't see anyone volunteering to take them for the night. They are only 1 and 3 so you'd need to have a clear head.

I think contacting someone from there is a great idea actually, i might ask the lady organising to help me, would make more sense and it wouldn't be such an inconvenience as they live there.

Thanks everyone!

• Advertisement
Advertisement