Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exfoliating and face care in the middle of CV virus

Options
  • 08-03-2020 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭

Incredibly naive question maybe, but as exfoliating, mosturising, requires hand to face activity, has anyone eased up on this last few weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

No.
    Is it not don’t touch your face after you’ve been out and about and coughing and sneezing?

I’ve heard tea tree oil products recommended as anti something or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Addle wrote: »
    No.
    Is it not don’t touch your face after you’ve been out and about and coughing and sneezing?

I’ve heard tea tree oil products recommended as anti something or other.

I'm not an expert:P

Ideally if you mus touch your face make sure your hands have just been watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I havnt eased up on anything. I feel like people are being a little bit alarmist. I understand the dangers of COV 19 for people with immune problems and elderly but even people at risk have a very low chance of actually dying from the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,356 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I would always wash my hands before skin care so don't see any reason to change.

Maybe wash makeup brushes more often, but I dont see any reason to change anything else.

If we were to get that paranoid we'd be looking at changing the car door handle, steering wheel, gear stick and front door handle daily etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Incredibly naive question maybe definitely absolutely and positively too.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

endacl wrote: »
    :D

That's not an answer:o

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Incredibly naive question maybe, but as exfoliating, mosturising, requires hand to face activity, has anyone eased up on this last few weeks?

Nope, and I wont be either.

I can guarantee cleanliness in my own home, and I'm good with that. What I am avoiding is using public toilets wherever possible - I saw too many people come out of a cinema toilet at the weekend without washing their hands at all, and that was enough for me. Most of them would be in the high risk age group as well. It disgusted me and reminded me how little we know about public surfaces, so my skincare is the least of my concerns. I'm also thankful that the weather is still cold enough to justify wearing gloves!

I was on the train to Dublin yesterday and was surrounded by adults with feet on seats, coughing and spluttering, not covering their mouthes, touching their faces, and putting on make up! Full face, products laid out on a shared table like they were in their own dressing rooms.
    No fear of catching anyways, or respect for those around them.
    People are minging.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,633 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I havnt eased up on anything. I feel like people are being a little bit alarmist. I understand the dangers of COV 19 for people with immune problems and elderly but even people at risk have a very low chance of actually dying from the virus.

You've evidently no understanding of the dangers of it because your understanding of appears entirely centered around risk to yourself.

This sort of commentary exposes the lack of understanding completely. With all the sources of information out there I'm astounded this got so many thanks.

Picture a world where your parents and grandparents are gone completely because someone had no understanding of transmission.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Cleansers act in a similar manner to soap. If you wash your face, your hands will get clean in the process. That means your hands will be clean when you apply moisturiser. There’s no reason to “ease up”; if anything, now is the time for dedication to cleansing!

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    You've evidently no understanding of the dangers of it because your understanding of appears entirely centered around risk to yourself.

This sort of commentary exposes the lack of understanding completely. With all the sources of information out there I'm astounded this got so many thanks.

Picture a world where your parents and grandparents are gone completely because someone had no understanding of transmission.

My grandparents are already gone and the likeliness of COV - 19 killing my parents, or your parents is slim at best.

Out of the 116,000 people worldwide who have been infected, 4.000 have died but almost 65,000 of them have recovered.
    Most of the people who died (over 3,000) where in mainland china in the early stages of the outbreak.

I will wash my hands more and keep my work space disinfected. I'll use hand sanitiser. All the sources of information say the same thing - wash your hands and calm down.

And don’t be the person responsible for passing it on to any vulnerable person.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,633 ✭✭✭✭listermint

My grandparents are already gone and the likeliness of COV - 19 killing my parents, or your parents is slim at best.

Out of the 116,000 people worldwide who have been infected, 4.000 have died but almost 65,000 of them have recovered.
    Most of the people who died (over 3,000) where in mainland china in the early stages of the outbreak.

I will wash my hands more and keep my work space disinfected. I'll use hand sanitiser. All the sources of information say the same thing - wash your hands and calm down.

My grandparents are gone and sure my parents will be fine.......

Mortality rate of 4.2%

At least bother to be a bit concerned. Me feiner.

Also who needs to calm down..I'm only presenting facts . There's nothing irrational about facts

listermint wrote: »
    My grandparents are gone and sure my parents will be fine.......

Mortality rate of 4.2%

At least bother to be a bit concerned. Me feiner.

Also who needs to calm down..I'm only presenting facts . There's nothing irrational about facts

I wasnt telling you specifically to calm down......

Regardless, I will continue to wash my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Side question :

What price your hair stylist is a carrier ?

Advertisement