Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Zoe - you can finally buy out the battery lease

Options
  • 08-03-2020 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,128 ✭✭✭✭

But it ain't cheap. Renault claims to do it in a budget neutral way, so they are not making any profit on people buying out the battery. But I have my doubts about that. The early Zoes are getting elderly so a battery replacement under warranty is becoming more likely. Letting people buy out the battery will remove this liability from the RCI bank balance sheet.

Nick Raimo in the UK has been on top of this and he was (as expected) the first to report this break through

This is of course in the UK, but I'd say the same will apply here. Anyone wanting to buy the battery, contact RCI bank and see what they say, and report back here please!

Advertisement