Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo playstation, say what?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

This guy owns 800 arcade machines..

Thought The Last Gamer had a crazy collection but I guess this shows what you can do as a millionaire as opposed to presumably multi multi millionaire is quite different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭dav09

This guy owns 800 arcade machines..

Thought The Last Gamer had a crazy collection but I guess this shows what you can do as a millionaire as opposed to presumably multi multi millionaire is quite different.

I can never understand those hoarders, cool games room and cool cabs can be cool but it would be impossible to manage 800 cabinets without a maintenance team, and besides who likes 800 games anyway. Each to their own but I don't get it, as for the Value of the console I believe this sounded "cheap" in contrast to stuff that has sold lately, i.e. that Mario Bros cart that sold for 100k. There is only probably one of these consoles in the world and was co-developed by two of the biggest console manufacturers of all time, and has amazing history behind it.

Certainly when you get into arcade game preservation there's probably a need for blank chequebooks and teams of maintenance people, huge stockrooms of spare parts. Need to have things climate controlled properly. This sort of stuff along with old Japanese PC games are mouldering away in sheds all over the world because just storing them in a titanic undertaking. There's a lot of stuff literally disappearing so the question of whether the person collecting it is playing it is sort of moot when so many have already disappeared outright, mostly 80's Japanese PC games and dumb phone games of the 00's.

I live with hoarding parents so my get super wealthy endgame would be living in one of those minimal exposed concrete houses with nothing in it. I hate clutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,248 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I live with hoarding parents so my get super wealthy endgame would be living in one of those minimal exposed concrete houses with nothing in it. I hate clutter.

God I'd hate that! Why live if you don't have cool stuff?? :pac:

Don't worry my mansion won't be completely empty I'll have expensive but ugly art on the walls and some birds hanging about doing drugs.

Case in point actually The Last Gamer apparently had 9 of his most expensive games robbed by people came to visit the gaff. Bit of a head****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,248 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Case in point actually The Last Gamer apparently had 9 of his most expensive games robbed by people came to visit the gaff. Bit of a head****.

Ah jaysus that's horrendous!

Unfortunately there's definitely a point where some games are so bloody expensive you can't just leave them lying about. He has such a large profile online that he'd be a prime target for assholes looking to nick something. Would probably take a while to notice something was missing too given the absolute reams of stuff he has.

Advertisement