Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying cement tiles outdoors

Options
  • 08-03-2020 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hello,

Looking for expert opinion please as so far I have received two conflicting pieces of advice!

Going to have cement tiles laid on a concrete yard.

Should cement be used to lay the tiles or tile adhesive?

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,275 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I would think sand and cement mix, with a thick notched bedding.
    Who is doing the work?
    In passing you are laying concrete tiles on a concrete yard.
    Whats the loading on the yard?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

If price is not a factor and you want them to set very quickly then rapid set tile adhesive is the best option.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭amytomjerry

Thanks for the advice..my local builder laying them..laying them on 4 inch concrete patio area..

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

I'd suggest using a slurry mix, i.e. water, cement and SBR additive which will form a "glue" and make sure they tiles don't lift. I used it when I had to relay the slabs in my last house that a "professional" installed and all started lifting and rocking. The slurry made sure that issue was cured when I relaid them. The downside is if you need to get one back up if it is cracked for example, it'll be a nightmare.

Advertisement