Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rice College applications for 1st year

Options
  • 06-03-2020 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

If you do not attend the CBS primary school what realistic chance has a child coming from a country school outside of town getting into Rice College? is it a closed shop in all but name?
    Flannan's not an option, anyone have experience with the Community College? it used to have a terrible name years ago but perhaps that has changed.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't think it's a closed shop by any stretch of the imagination but i think most of the secondary schools have preferred primary schools and tend to admit all from 1 school, i think Barefield is the Brothers i think.

The Community College is excellent though and is getting a massive renovation so it'll have the best of everything in the next couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭AnRothar

s it a closed shop in all but name
    No.

Admissions policy is here.

Page 8 and 9 clearly outline the "ranking scheme".

After that if there is an over subscription there will be a draw.

Advertisement