Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining new club?

Options
  • 06-03-2020 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question. A friend of mine is looking to join our club having been a member of another club for a few years. He hasn’t been a member of the previous club for 4 years. Does he need to get a transfer or can he just join the new club and go from there?

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

From information on the AAI transfer form:
    1.8 Lapsed Membership
    a) A member, who has not been a registered member of any club for 3 (three) calendar years, will not require a transfer form. The set April and September transfer dates will not apply provided the athlete is in good standing with his previous club.

b) If last membership was within the last 3 (three) calendar years a transfer application must be completed and forwarded to the relevant county board.

So under normal circumstances, he should be able to just join the new club without going through the transfer process. If it was me I'd let the old club know anyway, just out of courtesy.

Advertisement