Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-compliant voucher

Options
  • 05-03-2020 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Received a gift voucher for Brasserie66 from a family member today. For some reason it was posted in the UK (postmarked 03.03.20) but definitely ordered online. Anyway it's not compliant with the new legislation eg expiries in 1 year, cannot be extended, all vouchers must be used in full. No change or voucher for unused differences can be issued.

Maybe restaurants are exempt but I don't think so. I'm assuming it's just an error on their part. I have emailed them and also the consumer complaints authority so will be interesting to see what the response is.

Point-Blur-Mar052020-222022.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

As suspected was an error - surprised no one spotted it before now as legislation has been in for a few months.
    Apologies, & thanks for sending that to me.

These are our online vouchers, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

As discussed on the phone we will honour your voucher at any time, we have done in the past & will continue to.

I will get this rectified, let me know if you would like me to issue you a new voucher without the expiry date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Why do so many people jump the gun and whine to authorities before giving even a slight chance for someone to respond and explain.

As the op found out fairly quickly from the restaurant, it was a simple error as they had not updated some online wording and they corrected it on the spot.

So try and give people a chance to rectify an issue before running to authorities.

Surely you've made an error or two in your own life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Yeah that did occur to me but the legislation is in for 4 months now - they must have sold tons of vouchers over the Christmas period. It wasn't online wording either - the voucher is ordered on their website and then posted out from a UK address. It's not exactly a mom & pop operation either - part of the Dylan Mc Grath restaurant group. Plus they had it good for a long time wrt vouchers before the new legislation - meal cost less than voucher value - we keep the change!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Still no reason to make an official complaint without giving an iota of a chance. Completely jumping the gun.

BTW, a few seconds on their site shows the vouchers are managed by a third party company. A quick search shows that they are based in helensburg in Scotland.

Yeah, they didn't update the info on the new irish legislation, from just over 3 months ago and their client has acknowledged it and has corrected it at the first opportunity.

Also seems they responded to you within an hour or so late at night. That's superb service.

Advertisement