Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone stalling with my refund.

Options
  • 05-03-2020 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I need advice on an issue I’m having with Vodafone at the moment.

I ordered a new phone and number through their online store 4 weeks ago. After the first week had passed I rang their customer care number to get an update on the order – they agent told me the order was “stuck” and I could cancel the order – I wasn't too bothered about the phone so I agreed to cancel the order and get a refund.
    The agent told me he would send a cancellation request and I’ll receive my refund in 3-5 days.
    A week passed and there was no sign of my money – so I called again. This time the agent told me he would send another cancellation request and I’d have my refund in 3/5 days – surprise, surprise still no refund…. I rang again and was told the same thing again with the added information that it was the delivery company who haven’t processed the return.

Tomorrow I will be calling again and I know I’ll be told the same thing again. I’m really getting sick of this now.

Is there anything people would recommend - what options have I got to get my money back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Stewball wrote: »
    Hi,
    I need advice on an issue I’m having with Vodafone at the moment.

I ordered a new phone and number through their online store 4 weeks ago. After the first week had passed I rang their customer care number to get an update on the order – they agent told me the order was “stuck” and I could cancel the order – I wasn't too bothered about the phone so I agreed to cancel the order and get a refund.
    The agent told me he would send a cancellation request and I’ll receive my refund in 3-5 days.
    A week passed and there was no sign of my money – so I called again. This time the agent told me he would send another cancellation request and I’d have my refund in 3/5 days – surprise, surprise still no refund…. I rang again and was told the same thing again with the added information that it was the delivery company who haven’t processed the return.

Tomorrow I will be calling again and I know I’ll be told the same thing again. I’m really getting sick of this now.

Is there anything people would recommend - what options have I got to get my money back?

You can ask to make an official complaint. They must provide you with a reference number. You can then advise them that you are going to Comreg. That might light a fire under them.

Going down the Comreg route may take a little longer, but you will get sorted.

If you are not happy with their response tomorrow escalate it to a manager. 3 to 5 days is acceptable. A month is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Find out from your bank what their procedure on charge back is and what evidence they need to reverse the transaction. Something along the lines of an email from Vodafone confirming the cancellation and commitment to refund within a specific timeframe would probably suffice but check with your bank.

The main issue with going to Comreg is they require a complaint reference number and Vodafone will possibly drag their heels on supplying it. Consequently it may take longer to resolve and it's still dependent on Vodafone initiating the refund.

At least with the bank, once they approve the charge back, the money will be credited to your account without chasing Vodafone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I had an issue with Vodafone overcharging me previously and took it up with Comreg. Not only did I get all my money back, but got same again as compensation due to Vodafones terrible handling of the matter. That would be my first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stewball

Thanks for the info guys.

Didn't have the time to call them today, so I'll try tomorrow or Monday.

After mentioning Comreg and the official complaints procedures and then being placed on hold for 10 minutes - it seems that the delay with delivery company has been magically sorted and my money should be back in my account in 5 days.

So we'll just have to wait and see....

• Advertisement

Keep us updated. It will be interesting to see if it works.

The money is back in my account this evening.
    Last time I'll be ordering a phone from Vodafone.

Thanks for the help guys!

Stewball wrote: »
    The money is back in my account this evening.
    Last time I'll be ordering a phone from Vodafone.

Thanks for the help guys!

Good to hear!

Advertisement