Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother Canada 8 (2020)

Options
  • 05-03-2020 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭

I see this started last night. Can't find a decent trailer.

I'll watch the first one over the next few days and see what it's like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Classic BBCan opener really.

No need to expand it to twelve weeks though and as always I'll have to see how long the gimmick lasts and how annoying this weekly Expedia promotional segment will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watched the first couple this weekend. I'm out. Horrible group. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I only watched two episodes but based on the above review I might pass on the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Watched first episode when it aired, but yeah think I'm kind of over both BB Canada and BB US at this stage. The format has really grown stale.

I am curious though, has anyone been watching this season? How have they dealt with Corona?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FYI the last episode was last night. They ended the season early.

I haven't watched since episode 2, but I wanted to watch to see what happened, so here is a rundown:
    The producer gathered everyone in the main area and spoke to them over the speaker.
    They were told that Ontario was going into lockdown the next day, so they were ending the game early (lots of shocks, tears etc.).
    They showed some of the aftermath, last supper, last night etc.

Arisa spoke to them via videolink from her own home. She said that the prize money would be going to a COVID cause to help with the crisis.
    (At least one guy had a "s**t, I thought they'd split the prize money" look on his face)

They were all called from the house one at a time or in small groups, so it really was a long goodbye and a bit annoying to watch.

Lots of twee acoustic music and maudlin piano music interspersed throughout...

So that's that. Yikes.
    It was the right thing to do in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Not to downplay the seriousness of the global pandemic going on, but sounds like we all dodged a bullet not investing time in this season.

Advertisement