Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Easytrip EV discount

Options
  • 05-03-2020 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Has anybody else has any issue with EV discount scheme with Easytrip?

They give you the discount as a refund the following month. However my refund has been wrong for several months in a row. I ring them up and eventually they correct it , but it's annoying to have to check it's correct.

Has it affected anyone else , or am I just unlucky?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

cfingers wrote: »

They give you the discount as a refund the following month. However my refund has been wrong for several months in a row. I ring them up and eventually they correct it , but it's annoying to have to check it's correct.

Typical of them

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,036 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I went with eflow and also am paying full price. I raised this with them on twitter, and they said they'd pass my details to their EV scheme. That was weeks ago and I've heard nothing since, need to follow that up...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Went with tolltag.ie, and the refund is pretty much instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,126 ✭✭✭✭unkel

cfingers wrote: »

We've covered this many times on this forum. They are a mess. Just cancel your account and go with tolltag / ParkMagic

You get an instant refund every time you go through the toll. Like so. €0.52 M50 toll, nice!

504695.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cfingers

unkel wrote: »
    We've covered this many times on this forum. They are a mess. Just cancel your account and go with tolltag / ParkMagic

You get an instant refund every time you go through the toll. Like so. €0.52 M50 toll, nice!

504695.jpg

I think I will have to. I'm just annoyed about their responses to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

unkel wrote: »

Whats the consensus on eFlow? Been with them for 8 years with the ICE car, so was planning on just getting another tag from them for the EV to keep things simple (having as few accounts as possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Soarer wrote: »
    Went with tolltag.ie, and the refund is pretty much instant.

The problem with them is for low frequency toll users, they immediately charge their 10% fee & then, a second later, issue the EV rebate.

It results in them charging a 20% commission/fee (& 40% commission/fee on using the M50 toll off-peak) which is unadvertised anywhere & contravenes their own T&Cs.

Apart from that issue, it does seem they are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Kramer wrote: »
    The problem with them is for low frequency toll users, they immediately charge their 10% fee & then, a second later, issue the EV rebate.

It results in them charging a 20% commission/fee (& 40% commission/fee on using the M50 toll off-peak) which is unadvertised anywhere & contravenes their own T&Cs.

Apart from that issue, it does seem they are the best.

You'll have to explain that dude.

Even if you only use the toll once or twice per month, it will be cheaper to go for the monthly toll tag subscription (€1.25 per month or something like that iirc), the free toll tag and then get the cheapest toll rate (just €0.52 for the M50 off peak)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Ex
    Soarer wrote: »
    You'll have to explain that dude.

Go through M50 toll.
    They immediately charge €2.10.
    Then they immediately apply their 10% fee, so €0.21.
    Seconds later they deduct the EV rebate, so deduct €1.57 (M50 off peak EV rebate).

Total paid then is 53c toll & 21c fee.
    They take 21c on a 53c toll, which is 40%.

If they applied their 10% fee a second after the rebate, it would be just 5c.

That's on the pay as you toll tariff - usually for infrequent toll travellers.

• Advertisement

So if you do 3 return trips per month or more through the M50 (and maybe one or two other tolls per year) it makes sense to get the monthly tag subscription of about €1.25 per month)

I saved €300 last year on the tolls (but it cost me €15 in subscription compared to pay as you go, so a saving of €285 compared to if I had a normal car). I don't commute through the M50 toll and only use it socially (and mostly off peak)

Advertisement