Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung warranty

Options
  • 04-03-2020 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi, I bought a Samsung tablet for my son 4 Christmas and paid 25 euro 4 the extra accidental damage warranty which allowed 4 2 accidental damage claims in 12 months. Needless to say, the screen got cracked the other day so I brought it back 2 Harvey Normans 4 repair/replace, paid my 25 euro policy excess, and was told Samsung don't repair anything with a value under 200 euro so I would be getting a replacement device. Happy days I thought, only 2 b told that my original warranty was now null and void and I would have 2 pay another 25 quid 4 a new warranty if I wanted the same protection with the new device as I had with the old one. I did make the point that this seemed like a cheap shot considering I was only 2 months and 1 claim into my original warranty but was told that was the way Samsung do their business and if the device had been repaired and not replaced my original warranty would have stood.
    Has anyway else experienced this or is there is anything I could have done 2 avoid paying 4 a second warranty? It's probably something people should be aware of if taking out extra cover when buying devices like these.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,291 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You'll need to read the T&Cs of the contract you signed. Sounds dodgy but depends on what you agreed to

Also, please use full words not txtspk, this is not a text message. It destroys readability of the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Kenlen

you paid for insurance (accidental coverage) on the original tablet, in case of accidental damage. They paid out. As per Ts&Cs. your consumer rights are still in effect.

You seem like you did okay from this situation, no?

Please refer to your Ts&Cs to see if they are interpreting the contact correctly. But i would suspect it is you that didn't read the small print in this case.

Advertisement