Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone own a multi seat tandem bike in Ireland ?

Options
  • 04-03-2020 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

does anyone own a triplet or a quad tandem bike in ireland ? if so how hard is it cycling trough towns uphills and etc ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Was a pilot for a while on a standard twin...
    What I found was it was hard enough with two people on it (Combined weight made it difficult to steer and cycle in general)...
    Got up most hills but descending had its own issues though...(over inflated tyre pressures one time and blew the front tyre with the heat the weight generated while braking) roasted the hand off myself trying to replace the tube never mind the co pilot ****ing himself in the process.
    Be prepared for dogs abuse, being video'd, shouted at and all the usual tat that goes with cycling in Ireland..
    All that aside go for it for the experience alone..tricky enough skill to acquire id imagine with 4 people it would be fast on the flats.

oh nearly forgot long distances can be torture without being fitted on the bike so just plan ahead and get used to it first..
    I would say most are generic and not sized or specially built for specific users (as was my case co pilots bike but the pilot end wasnt a good match for my size.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

wsa30h wrote: »
    does anyone own a triplet or a quad tandem bike in ireland ? if so how hard is it cycling trough towns uphills and etc ?

One poster was trying to sell a triplet on here a while back, not sure if they're still active? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103542319 was the thread in question.

Worth noting that was for one adult and two kids vs 3 adults in case that was your interest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

cython wrote: »
    One poster was trying to sell a triplet on here a while back, not sure if they're still active? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103542319 was the thread in question.

Worth noting that was for one adult and two kids vs 3 adults in case that was your interest.

They used to be seen in phibsboro a lot. Was great to see

I've seen the guys from the WATCH club in Louth a couple of times. Magnificent to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

There is a bike rental place in phoenix park entrance in dublin.
    I rented a few double tandems from him before. He said he made them himself. Maybe he would be a good person to contact about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭wsa30h

wow thanks for the replies guys was not expecting to get any. also maonboard did he say he made them himself ? i know where his place is. i will ask him the next time am up there. the Noble Nudge i already have a tandem so was hoping to get a 3 adult triplet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

wsa30h wrote: »
    wow thanks for the replies guys was not expecting to get any. also maonboard did he say he made them himself ? i know where his place is. i will ask him the next time am up there. the Noble Nudge i already have a tandem so was hoping to get a 3 adult triplet

3 skinny lads I hope 😂....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭cletus

zero experience in welding am afraid

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

funny enough, a chap i know listed this on adverts yesterday

https://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/peugeot-tandem-bike/19975679

• Advertisement

oh an old tandem but no triple its a shame but could be good for someone looking for a dirt cheap tandem if they dont mind second hand

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭benneca1

Try race right cycles in Portlaoise Martin there used to have a triple might still have it

cool thanks for telling me. i contacted him so we will see in the next few days.

Benneca 1 you are correct he does have one

Advertisement