Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Know This Much Is True - HBO *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starring Mark Ruffalo, Rosie O’Donnell, Archie Panjabi, Melissa Leo, Juliette Lewis, Kathryn Hahn & Imogen Poots.

Starts April 27th
    Based on the 1998 bestselling novel by Wally Lamb, adapted and directed by Derek Cianfrance, this limited series follows the parallel lives of identical twin brothers, played by Mark Ruffalo. A family saga, it tells a story of betrayal, sacrifice and forgiveness set against the backdrop of 20th-century America.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Postponed until May 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I Know This Much Is True will receive its UK premiere on Sky Atlantic on Monday May 11th at 9pm, it has been announced.

Based on the Wally Lamb’s book of the same name, I Know This Much Is True follows identical twin brothers Dominick and Thomas Birdsey and their parallel lives in an epic story of betrayal, sacrifice and forgiveness. The series, set in the fictional town of Three Rivers, Connecticut, shows Dominick and Thomas at different stages in their lives, beginning in their present in the early 1990s with both brothers approaching middle-age, filled in with Dominick’s flashbacks to their young adulthood and childhood.

The limited series, which was penned and directed by Derek Cianfrance, is produced by FilmNation Entertainment and stars Mark Ruffalo, Melissa Leo, Rosie O’Donnell, Archie Panjabi, Imogen Poots, John Procaccino, Rob Huebel, Philip Ettinger, Aisling Franciosi, Michael Greyeyes, Guillermo Diaz, Marcello Fonte, Bruce Greenwood, Brian Goodman, Juliette Lewis and Kathryn Hahn. The executive producers are Derek Cianfrance, Ben Browning & Glen Basner for FilmNation Entertainment, Mark Ruffalo for Willi Hill Productions, Gregg Fienberg, Lynette Howell Taylor, Wally Lamb and Anya Epstein.

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2020/05/sky-atlantic-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-i-know-this-much-is-true/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Powerful dual performance from Ruffalo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Powerful dual performance from Ruffalo

Couldn't agree more.
    I have been watching and finding it hard to grasp that they are both Mark Ruffalo - he's incredible!

I'm enjoying the general feel of the show and the soundtrack - I can't believe there's not more chat about it - anyone else watching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’m recording it and do plan to watch it...is it very grim though, I just can’t watch anything grim lately!

I adore mark ruffelo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Powerful stuff. Three episodes in and need to decompress after. It's grim, hard hitting but excellent.

Every actor is excellent. Loved the Juliette Lewis piece

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Watched the first episode at the weekend. Found it more tragic than sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Watched the first episode at the weekend. Found it more tragic than sad.
    This is the kind of show my wife and I might watch together, with me convincing her by saying ; "It's Mark Ruffalo- one of the most watchable/understated actors around". But as we're in Covid times I haven't even broached it; nothing tragic allowed. I think this will be one on the 'to watch' for a while, but I am looking forward to seeing Ruffalo in a dual role in a strong story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

finished this last night - Mark Ruffalo amazing in it and deserved awards ! Very tragic story ... not one to brighten the mood in these covid times but I found myself engaged and wanting to watch next episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

It's horribly depressing but also quite beautiful and hopeful in places too. I think the overall journey is worth the pain. Ruffalo is excellent in it too.

One of the best series I've seen in the last few years, but, yeah, don't watch it if you want to feel happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭recyclops

Myself and my wife watched and finished this over a three day stint, at first we were cursing the person who recommended it, as state above its grim, heavy and not at all easy.

All that said, its superbly acted, brilliant story telling and I would be recommending it to others, obviously advising of the heaviness but its easily one of the better shows to be on tv the last few years.

Advertisement