Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campagnolo Chain

Options
  • 03-03-2020 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

I need to shorten a campagnolo chorus chain. Given that campag chain pins are slightly different and need a specific chain tool ( which I have) can anyone advise me on the best way to rejoin the chain once I’ve removed the link?

E.g. if I push a pin out just enough to break the chain, can I simply push that pin back in, once I’ve removed a link? I’ve done this many times with Shimano chains with no issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

A chainlink/missing link is clearly the easiest and what I would use, but if you dont want to use one, get a new coupling pin and peen it correctly since you have the correct tool for that. ? They are €5-6 each though..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Didn’t think you could buy a single pin, thanks. Yeah I’ll do that as the chain has plenty of life left in it and while I knew I could use a quick-link, I have to justify spending a small fortune on a campag compatible chain tool! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭devonp

i always use a KMC missing link on my Chorus chains...

my first KMC link was specifically for Campag chains but now i use the KMC Sram/Shimano 11 speed and they work fine, haven't seen KMC link for Campag available for a couple of yrs...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Didn’t think you could buy a single pin, thanks. Yeah I’ll do that as the chain has plenty of life left in it and while I knew I could use a quick-link, I have to justify spending a small fortune on a campag compatible chain tool! :)

https://www.bike24.com/p210184.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I have a few of those campy joining pins if you want one.
    Save you having to buy.
    I just use the kmc quick link when putting on a new chain.

• Advertisement

koutoubia wrote: »
    I have a few of those campy joining pins if you want one.
    Save you having to buy.
    I just use the kmc quick link when putting on a new chain.

Thanks for the offer koutoubia, I'll buy one off you. You doing the vets races this year? I'm in no hurry, so could meet you at the vets race on March 29th?

No not doing Vets this year.
    Does the front of chateau Lapierre have a postbox? If not I will drop somewhere obvious on Sat as we pass.
    And you will in your hole buy them off me!

koutoubia wrote: »
    No not doing Vets this year.
    Does the front of chateau Lapierre have a postbox? If not I will drop somewhere obvious on Sat as we pass.
    And you will in your hole buy them off me!
    Yes house has a letterbox at the gate! Much appreciated! Your a star!

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Your a star!
    I know.
    Now I just have to remember which gaff it is now!

It’s a Chateau! :) (it’s opposite the school and has the club car parked in the driveway)

• Advertisement

Great service Koutoubia! Thanks again for the pins and delivery too! 👍 Pin worked a treat. Took a link out and rejoined the chain. Easy job (with the right tools)

Advertisement