Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quadlock connector in 2010 VW Passat

• 01-03-2020 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

does anyone know what the name of the small 12 pin connector block that can connect to quadlock type connection on back of stereo, its the one that carries the aux in signals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,363 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don’t think it has a name as such.

What do you need to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭teach nua

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I don’t think it has a name as such.

What do you need to do?

You'll be sorry you asked!

This is photo of the connector in blue

It carries 3 wires for an auxillary connection to the radio coming from a centre console (vw passat). The aux never worked on my radio since I bought the car at 4 years old.

Now I can see why, Its connected into a quadlock type connector that is no longer connected directly to the radio but is serving as a middle man type connection eventually going to the quadlock that does connect to the radio.So my aux is now not connecte. I reckon all this was done to facilitate the fitting of aftermarket parrot bluetooth.

The blue connector won't reach the radio and I need to extend it. That why I was wondering what it is called in order that I could buy an extension of some sort as I know this blue type connector will pass through the quadlock frame currently going into the radio and connect.

Maybe there is another way?

teach nua wrote: »
    You'll be sorry you asked!

This is photo of the connector in blue

It carries 3 wires for an auxillary connection to the radio coming from a centre console (vw passat). The aux never worked on my radio since I bought the car at 4 years old.

Now I can see why, Its connected into a quadlock type connector that is no longer connected directly to the radio but is serving as a middle man type connection eventually going to the quadlock that does connect to the radio.So my aux is now not connecte. I reckon all this was done to facilitate the fitting of aftermarket parrot bluetooth.

The blue connector won't reach the radio and I need to extend it. That why I was wondering what it is called in order that I could buy an extension of some sort as I know this blue type connector will pass through the quadlock frame currently going into the radio and connect.

Maybe there is another way?

Here's the pic

I would look at a different way.

The work done is the issue here. The connector would fit usually, so fix the work that was done so that it will work with the connector installed.

If you want to add pins to those connectors it’s pretty easy. You can also buy a yellow patch lead from VW which has the pins already attached.

Here’s one I prepared earlier

B51-EEEB0-AA04-4-DDB-B06-A-A0-E546-F86-C19.jpg

What function have you lost by not having the connector installed?

• Advertisement

There is an aux setting on the radio which will play mp3 from phone, etc that is plugged into 3.5mm jack in centre console,

Mine does not work when I plug something in and set radio to aux.

Yes it is to work with what I have that would be ideal,

Are you saying I could buy 3 separate leads with pins attached from VW and run them from the existing blue connector, one lead for each pin to the corresponding pins in back of radio? What would these leads be called and could I buy them elsewhere, the existing wires going into the connector are very small dia. I'd say about 1 to 2 MM?

I would suggest you buy the correct parrot lead for the specific car, and return the rest of the wiring to normal.

What model of Parrot do you have? Some have their own aux in function separate to that of the car.

Advertisement