Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel and Flight Prices Reducing

Options
  • 01-03-2020 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

When the stock exchange markets panic, ordinary people can save loads of money.

Corporations reduce their prices to keep their own business going.

I have just cancelled a €700 reservation at an Irish hotel. I think in the next 8 weeks they will reduce their prices.

I am watching airline prices to Lanzarote. For my family they wanted €1200 to €1600 at the moment. How much will they want in six weeks time ?

Consumers should cancel advance bookings for the next few months now and force businesses in the travel industry to reduce prices massively to try to get customers.

The consumer is now the king.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Scoondal wrote: »
    When the stock exchange markets panic, ordinary people can save loads of money.

Corporations reduce their prices to keep their own business going.

I have just cancelled a €700 reservation at an Irish hotel. I think in the next 8 weeks they will reduce their prices.

I am watching airline prices to Lanzarote. For my family they wanted €1200 to €1600 at the moment. How much will they want in six weeks time ?

Consumers should cancel advance bookings for the next few months now and force businesses in the travel industry to reduce prices massively to try to get customers.

The consumer is now the king.

The consumer is king during a pandemic when people are afraid of dying due to a virus. If the person next to you sneezes, that may well be good karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Dav010 wrote: »
    The consumer is king during a pandemic when people are afraid of dying due to a virus. If the person next to you sneezes, that may well be good karma.

In a booming economy, I have nothing ... In a recession I do much better.
    I have zero exposure in a recession and everything is cheaper. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This thread is never going to be appropriate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement