Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using IKEA's kitchen fitters advice

Options
  • 01-03-2020 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all,

I am about to commit to a new kitchen installation with IKEA. Have been really impressed with IKEA so far and after doing some thinking, I am going to go with using their recommended fitters for the job itself.

I know nothing about DIY and I know I'm paying a premium for using their contractors but I trust they'll do a good job and I'll have some recourse with IKEA if there are any problems, which I imagine I wouldn't if I went with someone independent.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom or watchouts I should be aware of? Any advise would be much appreciate. I've been researching some basic DIY but I can't understate how little I know!

Thanks,
    TP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Michelinextra.

Watch the electrical

I saw where one of their fitters did the work himself,presumably to save cost of a REC

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TediousProcess

Watch the electrical

I saw where one of their fitters did the work himself,presumably to save cost of a REC

Thanks for that. May I ask what region this was as I think they have different contractors for different parts of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

If you are installing any gas appliance, you will need an RGI.

Get the IKEA family card, if you don’t have one already. They will replace any broken items even if you cause it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TediousProcess

Cerco wrote: »
    If you are installing any gas appliance, you will need an RGI.

Get the IKEA family card, if you don’t have one already. They will replace any broken items even if you cause it yourself.

Thanks for that and good to know about the family card. I do have one but have never really used it so that’s really interesting.

Advertisement