Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AOE2: Age of Kings

• 01-03-2020 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Used to live this as a kid, picked up the disc off amazon for the craic. Installed no problem, but won’t play on my laptop. I’ve run compatibility settings to no avail.

Anyone got any help or advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,506 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Hi guys

Used to live this as a kid, picked up the disc off amazon for the craic. Installed no problem, but won’t play on my laptop. I’ve run compatibility settings to no avail.

Anyone got any help or advice?

I had a rip of AOE a few years back that had problems playing due to resolution and video cards, could it be that? Try forcing it to start in a window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

On minimise window setting? Just did. No joy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its been released like 17 times on steam now, do you have the original original version?

The latest version December 2019 is the best version, uncludes everything from the HD remake and all mods work in it.

if you have Xbox game pass its on that too.

Brilliant game, if you don’t get it working just get the HD steam version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

You are better off paying for it on steam so you get the latest drivers \ software etc. Even if you can get that disc working, I expect that you will be slightly disappointed as the AOE you remember will have terrible graphics today. If you purchase the latest HD version at least the game will look like you remember it...at least that was my experience.

FYI, there is a new AOE coming out sometime soon if you want to wait for that before you purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

The Steam version is well worth it,and I day that as someone who paid for both the Windows and Mac versions back in the day.It really looks as I remember it as well.

Think I’ll play today, it’s been a while.

Looking forward to a nice cataphract charge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Won't play isn't a good description. What exactly happens? Error messages? codes? etc.

Advertisement