Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE Lecture Attendance

• 01-03-2020 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi All
    Just wondering has anyone ever been stopped from doing FAEs because they’d didn’t attend enough lectures or workshops? I know of someone who basically only attends the ICDs and doesn’t attend bother with any other lectures really. Finding it more beneficial to study the lectures online and go through papers and notes themselves. Do CAI contact the firms is attendance is poor? They are going to the ICDs.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Hi All
    Just wondering has anyone ever been stopped from doing FAEs because they’d didn’t attend enough lectures or workshops? I know of someone who basically only attends the ICDs and doesn’t attend bother with any other lectures really. Finding it more beneficial to study the lectures online and go through papers and notes themselves. Do CAI contact the firms is attendance is poor? They are going to the ICDs.

Thanks

Firms monitor attendance themselves. If "someone" isn't attending, their firm knows.

ICDs are non-negotiable, but if you skip lectures, from what I've seen there's more of an attitude of "fine, but if you fail..." (which might be communicated during a meeting with a partner asking you to explain yourself).

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Thanks...Firm isn’t a big 4 one so I’d say attendance isn’t massively followed up on once they go around 50% and get to all the ICDs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Hi All

Thanks

The year I was doing FAE 2 people in a Big4 were fired on the spot once it came up that they have failed to attend the mandatory workshops. It is not that they were not going to be able to go to the exams is that it was considered a breach of contract and immediately fired the following week. It became known and the teachers went around the following week warning people about the issue and about not going to the workshops/ICD

If the person you talk about is just simply not going to lectures but attending the mandatory workshops, as far as I know, there is no rule. It becomes known they are not attending but it will be an issue if they do not pass the exams. The Big4 check attendance and in medium size firms it depends.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Yeah the person is doing distance. They've gone to all three ICDs but the lecture attendance has been about 50% overall in core and might even be lower for the elective lectures.

Advertisement