Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dk1982

largepants wrote: »
    Me thinks you doth not protest too much.

In reality this has you really rattled.

"Triggered" as he'd say himself. The chap is clearly seething hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

dixiefly wrote: »
    Worse going on down the country?

Have you details?

Go ahead and spill them.

Otherwise your point is just a soundbite.

Go look at a park, loads congregating, playing football, eating, drinking.

Training doesn't make it more contagious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Poor form. Silly boys. Suspension for Farrell as per the baseline set by the GAA in dealing with Corks session caught on camera. Great to see all the new posters here btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Fine them and never let them play again. Its a disgrace Joe! I'm triggered Joe.

Love it.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Poor form. Silly boys. Suspension for Farrell as per the baseline set by the GAA in dealing with Corks session caught on camera. Great to see all the new posters here btw.

Rent free ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭largepants

Slattsy wrote: »

Love it.

Poor Slattsy. He's about to spontaneously combust.

Go look at a park, loads congregating, playing football, eating, drinking.

Training doesn't make it more contagious

Not Dubs = no outrage.

largepants wrote: »
    Poor Slattsy. He's about to spontaneously combust.

True, nothing to do with GAA though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

ArielAtom wrote: »

There's even a thread on the Current Affairs forum. Suspensions will be issued as they should be. And the whole thing forgotten in a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

If it not an April fool, then they are stupid and the individuals involved do deserve to face the consequences

but spare me the faux outrage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dk1982

Slattsy wrote: »

Love it.

Self awareness isn't really your thing is it!? I'd say calm down before your head explodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

Anything less than kicking them out of the championship is letting the off lightly .
    disgrace

I'm only here for the outrage tbh, already on my second bag of popcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,463 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Cork and Down managers got suspensions, the GAA can’t really kick the can down the road with this.
    It is a real disgrace to Dublin. It’s an organised breaking of the Covid regulations,. I’d say there are few people who have never broken any regulations by this stage, but a group of people conspiring to break the rules is obviously much worse. It leaves a really bad taste. Totally unnecessary.
    And what they have done is dangerous. Covid got into my home at Christmas even though we kept within the regulations at the time. It surprised me how contagious it is, spreads very easily and quickly.
    If Farrell knew about it he should be compelled to resign, same for any county board officials. Disgrace.

Didn't Cork and Down involve full management teams and full squads?

This seems to be a group of lads with a "coach" who organised themselves?

We need more information to get a full picture.

blanch152 wrote: »

No we don’t- they were breaking the current rules. That’s the end of it.
    Sanctions and punishment required

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daz527

The big issue is when they were training Gaa was an elite sport, it was just Gaa’s rule that no training. Now they’ve broke government rules too and coming the day after Gaa explicitly told people not to train. West cork club Did full training recently that was reported to guards so interesting to see both sanctions

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭largepants

Of course we do. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Cork manager got a 12 week ban, Down got 8 weeks. Not sure what the difference was that entailed a different ban.

Going on precedence then the unnamed 'coach' at the training session should also get an 8 or 12 week ban, which would take them into June or July. Next question is it only that coach who gets the ban or does Dessie Farrell get one, whether he was there or not?

Players will be free to continue without a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

The reason only 9 were caught was that the rest of the squad were away in Normandy on a cultural tour of battlefields and cemeteries......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭MFPM

Really stupid by the players and coach involved. While I think the restrictions on outdoor activities are a little OTT they are there and we are all expected to follow them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,923 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Again, hands up, as a Kerryman, I'm delighted.

Why be angry? The thought of being able to spend years following up every reference to the Dublin success by saying "...but they were caught cheating", it's a Godsend!

In fairness, that can't really start unless and until the story is confirmed.

As a Kerryman you should ask about the "tainted" supplements one or two of the lads had trouble with.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

I’ve made a complaint to the guards and would encourage others to do so as well
    They didn’t just break gaa rules here

• Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

This is gonna go down as an all time classic if it's a fools joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭MFPM

TXPTGR1 wrote: »

I think that's a bit OTT and unnecessary...

What sort of a sits in a park before dawn to take pictures of a few lads having a kick about?

The rules are stupid but they are there anyway. A ban for the coach involved and the players will be grand to play. Anything else would be completely discriminatory to our players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

You live a very sad life obviously

Hehe, I hope the Garda told you to do one.

Did you ring the Garda when those teachers from that private school broke a number of regulations to get vaccines they had no business in getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

---

This has been a fun read this morning.

Absolute dopes getting caught of course but you have wingnuts going to the guards over it?

I miss the championship so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Winterstale

Firstly I think it's important to acknowledge that this was not a wise move by the people involved and and a sanction of somekind will occur.
    Secondly, some people are genuinely upset and feel let down.
    Thirdly, the false outrage by the usual suspects is obvious.
    Fourthly, regarding the third point all I can say is "6 in a row baby yeah" and Dublin have a very good chance of 7.

Within a few weeks this will all blow over and normal service will resume. Dublin All Ireland contenders yet again. UP the Dubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

JRant wrote: »
    What sort of a shïtêhawk sits in a park before dawn to take pictures of a few lads having a kick about?

Blaming the photographer/journalist is a bit of a weird take.
    It's literally their job to get scoops like this.

Advertisement