Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Required- old Maplin 'Storage Options' dvr unit

Options
  • 29-02-2020 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi there, I've tried searching threads already but trying my luck with a new tread. I bought an 8 channel 'Storage Options' CCTV kit in Maplin, Dundlak about 10 years ago, installed it myself. I recently changed internet provider and tried logging into the dvr. I can't remember the password, I've tried opening the box and taking out the battery. Maplin in Ireland appear to be gone. I can't find any support from 'Storage Options'. Can anybody help??? any reply much appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

gu1nness wrote: »
    Hi there, I've tried searching threads already but trying my luck with a new tread. I bought an 8 channel 'Storage Options' CCTV kit in Maplin, Dundlak about 10 years ago, installed it myself. I recently changed internet provider and tried logging into the dvr. I can't remember the password, I've tried opening the box and taking out the battery. Maplin in Ireland appear to be gone. I can't find any support from 'Storage Options'. Can anybody help??? any reply much appreciated.

Best thing to do would be to contact manufacture of system, they may be able to help you reset the code. Alternately you would need to replace DVR. If you have the HD you can purchase without drive which will cut the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gu1nness

altor wrote: »
    Best thing to do would be to contact manufacture of system, they may be able to help you reset the code. Alternately you would need to replace DVR. If you have the HD you can purchase without drive which will cut the cost.
    Thanks for reply altor, yeah I was trying to find a contact for Storage Options without success. Was kinda thinking I might need new box.

Thanks for reply altor, yeah I was trying to find a contact for Storage Options without success. Was kinda thinking I might need new box.

Website seems to be gone so never a good sign, better option might be to replace the unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gu1nness

altor wrote: »
    Website seems to be gone so never a good sign, better option might be to replace the unit.

I've sent message to Maplin Uk online, they seem to have went into administration a few years ago, and have recently started trading online again. I found reciept for the unit, I purchased it in 2012. It'll be a pity to replace it, because I can see live feed from cameras on screen, I just can't log in to change settings, wifi, etc. Anyway if I have to change it so be it.
    On that note, would you or anyone know if the Swann system with Google Assistant connectivity for remote viewing..any good?

thanks again!

I've sent message to Maplin Uk online, they seem to have went into administration a few years ago, and have recently started trading online again. I found reciept for the unit, I purchased it in 2012. It'll be a pity to replace it, because I can see live feed from cameras on screen, I just can't log in to change settings, wifi, etc. Anyway if I have to change it so be it.
    On that note, would you or anyone know if the Swann system with Google Assistant connectivity for remote viewing..any good?

thanks again!

Swan and the likes you get in DIY stores are just that, DIY.
    If you get something like HIKvision or that they will work with your cameras and also give you the option of adding HD cameras at a later stage.

• Advertisement

Is the place you put the password into a web form? Or, what does it look like?

Removing the battery, only works if the password is stored in the CMOS, which it probably isnt. Is there a hardrive in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,039 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Try some of the 'usual' default passwords, but don't exceed the lock-out threshold number of attempts, if there is one.

E.g.: 0000 1234 admin password etc.

Is there a factory reset option on/inside the case?

Btw, I have no experience in the field, just offering some suggestions. :)

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement