Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue bulb for £4.99

Options
  • 28-02-2020 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

You can get a Philips Hue regular white bulb for £4.99 on Amazon UK at the moment using the code ALEXAHOME. Regular price is £14, so a decent reduction in price. Only one per Amazon account, though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

It's account specific, unfortunately. Seems to be for people that recent bought an Alexa according to HUKD.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Tried to use the code with the Philips white bulb, cannot be used. Can you link to the one it works on??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

nephster wrote: »
    It's account specific, unfortunately. Seems to be for people that recent bought an Alexa according to HUKD.

** EDIT ** There's no mention of this in the offer T&Cs

I haven't bought an Alexa recently and it worked for me, here's the link..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07V48ZWM5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I notice the banner ad at the top that was advertising it has changed to a smart plug, where it was showing the bulb earlier (you can use the code to purchase one or the other), so maybe it's finished already...

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

blastman wrote: »
    ** EDIT ** There's no mention of this in the offer T&Cs

I haven't bought an Alexa recently and it worked for me, here's the link..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07V48ZWM5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I notice the banner ad at the top that was advertising it has changed to a smart plug, where it was showing the bulb earlier (you can use the code to purchase one or the other), so maybe it's finished already...

It is account specific, though (as is stated in the T&Cs)- they were speculating on HUKD it was to do with an Alexa order, but you prove it's not that.
    Certainly worth trying if you are looking for a bulb, but sadly won't work for me.

The offer is on for either the bulb and the plug, btw. Seems to have a long availability too.

T&Cs, snipped from HUKD:
    This offer (the "Offer") is limited to select Amazon.co.uk customers who receive from Amazon the promotional code ALEXAHOME, and apply the promotional code at checkout.

• Subject to these terms and conditions, the customer will receive either Philips Hue Single Smart Bulb (E27 or B22) for the special price of £4.99 (vs recommended retail price (RRP) of £14.99) or Tapo Smart Plug for the special price of £4.99 (vs RRP of £12.99).

• To redeem the offer, customer should add one Philips Hue Single Smart Bulb or one Tapo Smart Plug to cart and enter the promotional code ALEXAHOME at checkout.

• Offer only applies to items sold by Amazon on Amazon.co.uk. The Offer does not apply to purchases made from Amazon’s Warehouse Deals or from third-party sellers on Amazon’s Marketplace, even if "fulfilled by Amazon " or "Prime Eligible".

• Offer is limited to one item per customer and account.

• Offer is non-transferable, may not be resold, and may not be combined with other offers.

• Offer good while supplies last.

• This Offer is available until 25.06.2020 at 09:00h.

• This Offer does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.

• This Offer can’t be purchased via voice with Alexa.

• Postage and packing will be applied to each item in accordance with Amazon's standard delivery rates and policies.

• If any of the products related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies.

• Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. The Offer has no cash alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Won't work for me and I bought an Alexa a month or so ago. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭ablelocks

not working for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Prime member & a house full of Alexas, plus an Alexa Auto in the car & I can't use the code.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,230 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not working for me either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

No worky!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

So what does Alexa have to say about it? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement