Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir's (crap) webmail

Options
  • 28-02-2020 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

What is the story with eir's webmail? It's regularly not working for me when I try to access it from the eir website. I know eir have their problems, but how can a telcom company not at least provide a basic mail system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

I have no webmail access OR pop access. (Fortunately, I have already migrated to Blacknight).
    Seems like they are cutting the chord four weeks in advance.

As an aside ... I can't find a link for those who feel compelled to pay the €6 PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭HughF

And why when i send a mail from Eircom.net to Gmail does it not deliver. Is it a problem with Eircom security or Eircom trying to mess us up when we want to move from them to Gmail ?

Hugh

• Registered Users Posts: 21,437 ✭✭✭✭Alun

HughF wrote: »
    And why when i send a mail from Eircom.net to Gmail does it not deliver. Is it a problem with Eircom security or Eircom trying to mess us up when we want to move from them to Gmail ?

Hugh
    Many of eir(com)'s outgoing mail servers are on multiple blacklists, that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Not surprised they were blacklisted in the early days, but their spam filter has been working well for me for years - always wondered if ISPs ever revise their blacklists?

Advertisement