Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermals

Options
  • 27-02-2020 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

What's the best most effective lightweight thermals to buy for winter camping, I have the ones from Lidl and they're good, is there better ones? Merino for example? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Merino wool baselayers are generally considered the best. Can be bought in Lidl/Aldi when they come up, otherwise available from your local bricks and mortar outdoor adventure shop.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Down is probably the most effective but needs to be kept dry or it's ....ed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Down thermal underwear you say? Pics or ...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭lucalux

Spotted men's and women's merino base layers in aldi yesterday, not the full merino ones they have sometimes.. but i think they were 44% merino.
    Long sleeve tops and long johns.

I can't remember what was with the merino, probably something moisture wicking?
    They were reduced too, and I ought to have bought some myself.

In with the ski stuff as far as I can recall

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Esel wrote: »
    Down thermal underwear you say? Pics or ...

Ah.....terminals.....I didn't read it properly! Fair play :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement