Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Amazon Fire Stick problem

Options
  • 27-02-2020 6:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

So I bought a brand new fire stick today from a seller located in Ireland on Adverts.ie

I tried to watch amazon prime movies on it as I just setup an account. I kept getting the 5505 error every time. It works perfectly on my phone.

I contacted the amazon chat to see what the problem is and straight away he said my stick was a US version and not the international one.

Has anyone else got the same problem and was it fixable? Or do I need to get an international stick from pc World?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We possibly need a sticky on this one:

Amazon only support the “Fire TV Basic Edition” for Prime Video outside of core markets (the ones that have their own Amazon website). This is available for about €50 on Amazon.co.uk. Other Fire TV products do not work here without a bit of work.

Now, normally we do not allow discussion of circumventing regional restrictions. However, only because Amazon themselves, if not semi-endorse the practice (or at worst don’t seem to care), head over to this thread on Television and there is lots of discussion on this very subject:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057771671

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement