Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanical Heat Recovery Ventilation @ house front

Options
  • 27-02-2020 5:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

*dumb Questions*:confused:

with a Single Room Mechanical Heat Recovery Ventilation unit

can they be mounted at the front of the house (converted garage/granny flat) or do they need planning permission if at the front ?

do they externally exhaust steam like a gas boiler, or drip water outside ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

They look like a exhaust gas boiler pipe but prepare to be unpleasant surprised by its limited capabilities,noise and price.

Can i ask you the reasons why you need a single unit ? For a single room ?
    Whats the reason(s) that forces you to install not onely a single unit but a HRV solution ?

Why not a single unit of AC system ?
    Why not a centralised small HRV unit ?

If not fussy on the electronics ,you can buy off ebay from UK supplier less than €500 for 4 rooms,all kit delivered @home.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 boardasadroid

thank you for your reply.

my choice is because i just need one rooms ventilation improved (single room)
    the passive wall vents are not good enough and the windows can not be left open for security reasons (mechanical)
    it is a converted garage on cold side of house, a cold room, hard to heat quick to cool (heat recovery)

quick install + low maintenance (minimum bends) are a bonus

thats the reasoning :)

do you know (or anyone else) if a single room mhrv unit requires planning permission if installed at the front of a standard city semi-d/terraced house?

and will they emit steam or drip water from the exhaust? ty

• Registered Users Posts: 13 boardasadroid

@rolion
    sorry, i just saw your video (it was blocked by a browser addon :D)

the exhaust here looks smaller than the others ive seen, like this one

heatsava-4-700x821_0.jpg

from your vid im guessing the answer is ->no planning + no steam/drips

Advertisement