Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin mobile keep number - account holder deceased

Options
  • 25-02-2020 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

My father recently passed away. He is in contract for mobile phone and plan. My mother is looking to keep his number for sentimental reasons (I will port to pay as you go for her ) but as far as I know she should be able to cancel the contract without penalties ? Is it only possible to cancel without penalties if the number is cancelled altogether ?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

anyone have an answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Is it still within the minimum term of the contract? If the contract has ended then it's on a month to month rolling contract which would mean it's easy to switch to any other provider by porting the number.

If it's still within the minimum term then it'll be a little more difficult without paying the bill until the end of the term...that will cost more than PAYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭C3PO

Would you not explain the situation to Virgin and ask them? They are the ones who make and interpret the rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

yeah it's still in contract just trying to find out as much as possible before calling them as they will need to speak to account holder and want to cause my mother as little stress as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Most mobile Companies have special departments to deal with these sorts of situations. Ring them, explain the situation and follow whatever info the company needs. More than likely they’ll transfer the contract to PAYG. Sorry for your loss OP. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement