Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAME Frog A underground motor replacement

Options
  • 24-02-2020 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi All,

I can update with more details if is of use to someone, but I recently had to replace a motor for CAME automatic gate system. Basically 2 fast blow 5A fuses kept blowing in the ZA3 control panel. Through process of elimination (disconnect 1 motor in panel, then other) I found out it was a faulty motor. I probably went through 10 fuses messing about trying different things. At the start I though the board was fried as there was a dessicated slug at the back with scorch marks - front of board was perfect. Also thought it could have been the transformer. In the end was motor, coil was knackered.

I could see on ebay a FROG-A motor for 265Eur delivered. Instead of found another Italian company Oxygen Automation had a Hades motor for 219Eur - need to request a linking arm to fit in with the existing gate connection for FROG motor.

You will need a deep 19mm socket wrench to get at the nuts (M12). This has taken me about a month to do, whereas somebody in the know could have had it sorted in a day. Just giving my experience in case it is of benefit to anyone. This is a good site for fault finding:
    http://cametradecentres.co.uk/drg/peZA4.htm

I'm going to hook up an ESP82866 chip on the control panel, step down the 24v to it and open/close gate via wifi, set off buzzer in house when the photo beam at the gate is broken, also turn lights on when gate open at night. My summer project. Might post here if there is an interest

Best of luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭shane b

Sorry to revive a 3 year old thread but did you fit the hades unit and how has it been working since fitted?

I have a just found out one of my came frog motors is kaput and have been quoted 400 euro plus vat for a new one.

Is the hades unit on ebay worth ordering?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dauhee

Still working great for me so I would recommend for sure! Its a well machined part, just make sure to tell them its to replace the frog so they give the right adapter.

good luck

Advertisement