Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB App

Options
  • 24-02-2020 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Has anyone had issues with the AIB app using a Oneplus phone?

I recently changed to a Oneplus6 phone and since then I am unable to receive push notices/messages through the app. When i try to enable two factor authentication in the app settings I just keep getting the on screen message; "Authentication Failed, this could be due to a technical issue please try again."

Up to now i never had issues with the app using my old phone which was a Oneplus3.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app and unregistered/re registered the phone but it still wont work.

I contacted AIB who initially told me it was most likely a handset settings problem, but then confirmed that they have been having issues with several brands of phones.

Would anyone else have encountered similar problems or know a fix ?

It's a hassle not being able to have full access to my account especially when it comes to external transfers and the likes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

In the app settings under AIB Mobile App Info, is Notifications permitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mr j tayto

Yes notifications are permitted for all apps.

mr j tayto wrote: »
    Yes notifications are permitted for all apps.

wife has oneplus 7 so Ill try that after work if you havent got it resolved

Thanks for that, they mentioned to me that they were having issues with the Ipnone11 and Oneplus7s among others.

I haven't heard back from them since Friday.

I'd be interested to see if the app works fully on the Oneplus7.

As i mentioned, up to last week i was using the Oneplus3 with no problems at all.

I was looking at the AIB site and they do comment to ensure the app is not battery optimised.

https://aib.ie/psd2

I haven’t received the Push notification – what do I do?
    "Likewise if you have a OnePlus device and are not receiving the notification, go to your phone settings, then Battery and then Battery optimization and then select the AIB Mobile and ensure it is not optimized."

• Advertisement

Just checked battery settings, the app was set on "Intelligent Control".

I've manually changed that to "don't optimise".

Tried the app a couple of minutes later but still the same.

I might try a power on/off or even uninstall the app again to see if that does it.

By un-optimising the app, do you know what affect if any this might have on battery life?

I've uninstalled the app again, unoptimised it on battery settings and powered the phone off, still the same.

I'll give it a day or so and see if they come back with a solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I've a oneplus, no issue with the AIB app here. Any options on installation that you are overriding?

Not as far as i can see.

I've checked all apps settings and everything else that i can think of.

I was using the plus3 before without issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kevward

Anyone ever get this resolved?

• Advertisement
Advertisement