Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension Flat Roof -Leak (what to do)

Options
  • 24-02-2020 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The folks house has a leak in their flat roof exterior extension. It's coming down the inside walls. It's where the extension meets the house. They had the roofer try to fix it but it's still coming through (albeit in not as many places as before).

Could it be the lead flashing? Or water hitting that then finding it's way down? Is it relatively easy to repair or replace it?

I've never been happy with the flat roof, just think it's prone to leaking. Is it possible to change it to a slope roof? Like a shed roof that slopes towards the gutter? Or could it be more a change in roofer is needed?

Apologies, I'm just lost at this type of stuff so just trying to get some knowledge about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

What part of the world are you in?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement