Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow Analysis

Options
  • 23-02-2020 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

We are looking to buy a house which has a north facing garden and wondered if a shadow analysis would help us to understand how much sunlight the garden would get during the Summer months. Or, is a shadow analysis ott? Don’t mind not getting sun at other times of the year but I do think if we didn’t get any in the Summer months I’d be disappointed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

At a guess, it would be easier to get a series of photos on a clear day of where the shadows fall, then use SunCalc (or something similar) to estimate how they shorten during summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

maybe this will help

http://suncalc.net/#/53.317,-6.3213,14/2020.02.25/16:12

gives you the sun at every time of day and every date of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

I’ve spent so much time trying to get my head around that app but can not grasp it!

Advertisement